ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF PECO:
At 67th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders, held on October 31, 2016 at Lahore, the shareholders unanimously approved the following:-
- Minutes of 66th AGM held on September 30, 2015.
- Audited accounts of the Company for the year ended June 30, 2016 together with the Auditors’ and Directors’ Report thereon.
- Appointment of M/s Tariq Abdul Ghani Maqbool & Company, Chartered Accountants, as as Auditors of the Company for the Year 2016-17.
Profit & Loss Account – June 30,2016
The BOD in its meeting held on Sep 29,2016 approved the following Profit and Loss account for the year ended June 30,2016
|Cost of Sales||(1,856,634)|
|Selling & Distribution Expenses||(8,140)|
|Freight & Forwarding Expenses||(18,092)|
|Other Operating Charges||(46,757)|
|Other Operating Income||4,652|
|Profit before taxation||————-
|Profit after taxation||————-
|Basic & Diluted Earnings Per Share (Rs)||38.57|
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the 67th Annual General Meeting of Pakistan Engineering Company Limited will be held at Hotel Ambassador, 7-Davis Road, Lahore, on Monday, October 31, 2016 at 11.00 A.M. to transact the following business:
- To confirm Minutes of 66th Annual General Meeting held on Wednesday, September 30, 2015.
- To receive, consider and adopt the Audited Accounts of the Company for the year ended June 30, 2016 together with the Auditors’ and Directors’ report thereon.
- To appoint auditors for the year ending on June 30, 2017 and to fix their remuneration. The present Auditors M/s Tariq Abdul Ghani Maqbool & Company, Chartered Accountants, being eligible for reappointment have offered themselves for reappointment. The Board of Directors, on recommendations of the Audit Committee, has proposed appointment of M/s Tariq Abdul Ghani Maqbool & Company, Chartered Accountants as Auditors of the Company, for the year 2016-17.
- To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
(Mian Anwar Aziz)
Lahore: September 29, 2016
- The Share Transfer Books of the Company shall remain closed from October 21, 2016 to October 31, 2016 ( Both days inclusive ) and no transfer will be registered during that time. Transfers received in order at the office of the Registrar of the Company, M/s Central Depository Company of Pakistan Ltd, (CDC) 2nd Floor, 307 Upper Mall, Opposite Lahore Gymkhana, Near Mian Meer Bridge, Lahore at the close of business on October 20, 2016 will be treated in time.
- A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting is entitled to appoint any person as a proxy and vote on his / her behalf. Proxies in order to be effective must be received at the Registered Office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the time of the meeting.
- Any individual Beneficial Owner of the Central Depository Company (CDC), entitled to vote at this meeting must bring his / her Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or passport (in case of foreigner) along-with CDC account number to prove his/her identity and in case of proxy must enclose an attested copy of his/her CNIC or passport. Representatives of corporate members should bring the usual documents required for such purpose.
- Members are requested to notify us immediately of any change in their Registered address currently available with us.
- The Registrar of the Company is, M/s Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited, Lahore.
- Members who have not yet submitted photocopy of their Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC), to the Company are requested to send the same mail or fax at the earliest.
CHANGE OF MANAGING DIRECTOR/CEO
Mr. Mairaj Anees Ariff has been appointed as Managing Director/CEO, Pakistan Engineering Company Limited with effect from March 18, 2016 in place of Mr. Shafaqat Ur Rehman Ranjha
March 19, 201